The open roads of Southwest Illinois are calling…..
There is only one place in America where two of our nation’s great roadways come together alongside the confluence of America’s three great rivers. And that is right here in the Great Rivers and Routes region of Southwest Illinois. Spend time to see all the features that the area has to offer. This is where Lewis and Clark set off on their perilous journey West to find the Pacific Ocean. Explore the intricate landscape and discover the hidden local wonders amongst us.
Take a stroll through Upper Alton, just a few blocks from the hotel and stand next to the “World’s Tallest Man, Robert Wadlow” or sit in a replica of his chair and see how you size up! Visit the Alton Museum of History and Art to learn more about Robert and his family. Take to the many hiking and bike trails with our Hit the Trails package, make sure to book ahead to ensure availability and the best price! Watch out for the Piasa Bird!
Minutes from I-55, I-255, or I-270, we are located at the intersection of Route 140 and Route 3. We are a quick 25 minutes from Downtown St. Louis and Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, and Enterprise Center, home of the St. Louis Blues. Only 30 minutes from St. Louis Lambert International Airport, 15 minutes from St. Louis Regional Airport in Bethalto, IL, 1/2 mile from Amtrak Station and 5 miles from Alton Marina, Fast Eddie’s Bon Air and Argosy Casino.
Do you want to see all of the beauty the region has to offer and not stay in the city, but still be close enough to visit the St. Louis Arch? If you’ve answered, YES! Alton IL is the place to plan your getaway! Book one of several money saving packages, available for any type of getaway or staycation and save on your visit to the Great Rivers & Routes region.
Don’t miss our onsite restaurant, Great Rivers Tap & Grill Explore our made-from-scratch, locally sourced, “Regions along the Mississippi” menu. Dine on tasty dishes such as our house made soft pretzels served with beer cheese dip and stone ground mustard, chicken and andouille gumbo, our mouthwatering and famous BIG Cheese sandwich, the only 3 part grilled cheese sandwich is Alton IL, loaded with cheese and baked fresh in house daily and don’t forget to finish with one of our made from scratch desserts, we suggest the Honey Ginger Cheesecake. Grab your friends and a patio chair or scoot up the bar stool to the bar while you sip a cool cocktail or have an ice-cold draft from one of the 16 taps featuring local craft and domestic offerings. Seating is available indoors or on our gorgeous outdoor patio. Call us for carryout and no contact curbside service at 618-462-1220. We await to serve you!
- National Scenic Byway
- Alton Marina
- Home of Robert Wadlow – the “gentle giant” – world’s tallest man
- Alton Argosy Riverboat Casino
- Lewis and Clark Historic Sites
- Melvin Price Lock and Dam
- Grafton Zipline Adventures
- Die Laughing Dinner Theater
- American Legion Alton IL
- Aerie’s Sky Tour Grafton IL
- Ghost Hunts – Tours and More!
- Grafton Winery & Brewhaus
- Alton Museum of History & Art
- St. Louis Cardinals Baseball
- The St. Louis Gateway Arch
- Metro East Firearms Training
- The Audubon Center at the Riverlands
- Raging Rivers Waterpark
- Greater Alton Concert Association
- Downtown Alton Antiques
- Haunted Tours- Alton Odyssey Tours
- Alton Main Street
- Liberty Bank Alton Ampitheater
- Underground Railroad Shuttle Tours
- Pere Marquette State Park
- St. Louis Regional Airport (Bethalto)
- Bethalto Sports Complex
- Gordon Moore Park
- Alton Little Theater
- The Nature Institute
- The Loading Dock Ice Rink
- Upper Alton Association – “Pietown”
- Metro East Firearms Training
- Hi Ho Vacations with Bronson Painter